A rare, full solar eclipse “travels” across the US on August 21.
We want to hear & see YOUR eclipse experience!
Start keeping notes now, as you prepare for the big day. THEN, come back here to share your stories, images, and observations. We’ll post them on our website—and may feature them in an upcoming NMG magazine!
- Learn more about the eclipse from NASA and The Smithsonian.
- Check out the Girl Scouts Eclipse Box.
- Make your own pinhole camera or host an eclipse party.
- And read about Maria Mitchell and the Great Solar Expedition of 1878!
We want to know:
- Where you observed the eclipse
- How your “eclipse town” celebrate being on the eclipse’s path
- How you prepared for the eclipse.
- What the experience was like.
- How the experience affected your interests, perspectives, feelings, etc.
- What you love, look for, or wonder about when you look up to the sky on ordinary days.
Use the form below to upload your documents and photos.